Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Hidden Art of Homemaking - Flower Arrangements

I thought this was an interesting chapter on making your home beautiful through centerpieces.  Making a simple or complex centerpiece for your dining table or your dinner tray.  Adding a little ray of sunshine to your day through a flower or other "pretty" object to show that you care.

Christmas/Valentines Centerpiece, by Jeff


"...I feel that the 'caring' for others in the family, whatever that 'family' consists of, can be expressed over and over again in ways which bring a very warm chain of memories, through transforming an ordinary meal table into a place of surprise and beauty."

Decor to be enjoyed
I liked how she also addressed those who may live alone by encouraging them to not neglect adding a little beauty to their day.

Using God's creation as a focal point at a meal draws everyone closer together.

I like to receive flowers from my husband or children.  I put them in a vase and set them on the table or on the counter where I can enjoy them and remember that someone thought about me.

Flowers Jeff picked for me one summer evening last year.
I like to arrange flowers into pretty bouquets or little decorations.  I learned it from my mom.  Beauty is all around if we only take the time to notice it.


Tonya at My Homey Haven is the host of this book study.

Also linking up with:

    

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sticking with this study! It's been a bit hectic for me the past few weeks and I'm afraid I wouldn't stick with it if I didn't have others reading through the chapters with me. :)

    I love the way flowers brighten the home. One can never have too many flowers. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.