Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recipe Stash - Savory Sweet Potato Kugel

I've been bookmarking online recipes for a long time.  Some of them I have tried, but many of them just sounded good and I have never tried them.  This year one of my goals is to try at least one recipe from my bookmarked list each month.

Earlier this month I had two very large garnet yams in my pantry that I wanted to use.  I found this recipe that I had bookmarked and we tried it.

Savory Sweet Potato Kugel :  I used 2 very large garnet yams, 1 cup ground beef, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1 cup corn, 2 eggs, and about 1 and 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.  It completely filled my 9X13 pan.  Click the recipe title to see the actual recipe.



It was good.  Most of the kids liked it and Jeff even said he would eat it again if I served it.  This is one recipe that will stay in my list, since we get a couple sweet potatoes a year and I like to serve them to my family members at least once, but several of them don't like plain sweet potatoes like I do.  The Savory Sweet Potato Kugel leftovers were good reheated in a frying pan with some butter.  I also saved the sweet potato water like the author of the recipe suggested and cooked rice with a few raisins for my breakfast the next day.  It was very good and didn't need any sweetening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.